INDUSTRIAL HYGIENE SERVICES OFFERED BY MARK LEVIN, THE PRINCIPAL OF MML ENVIRONMENTAL INC.
Mark M. Levin is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) with over 30 years of industrial hygiene experience. He provides a comprehensive spectrum of technical and regulatory compliance services involving the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of workplace conditions that may cause injury or illness.
Mark Levin, the principal of MML Environmental Inc. has built a successful industrial hygiene practice by providing clients with prompt, reliable and thorough industrial hygiene services at lower cost, with personal client attention and superior service. The industrial hygiene services offered by MML Environmental Inc. include but are not limited to:
1. Conduct industrial hygiene surveys for chemical hazards, toxic air contaminants, noise, and radiation
2. Perform air monitoring and exposure determinations for more than 700 OSHA regulated air contaminants
Call MML Environmental Inc. at (310) 490-8141
3. Perform noise exposure monitoring and OSHA hearing conservation compliance monitoring
4. Perform heat stress and radiation exposure monitoring
5. Perform facility inspections and safety program audits for OSHA regulatory compliance
6. Review and prepare OSHA safety programs and procedures
7. Conduct workplace hazard assessments and personal protective equipment evaluations
8. Instruct OSHA required health and safety training for OSHA compliance including but not limited to GHS/hazard communication, hazwoper, respiratory protection, chemical safety
9. Perform indoor air quality investigations and air quality testing including mold and odor complaints
10. Design and review ventilation and engineering controls for the control of workplace hazards
11. Review and evaluate material safety data sheets and safety data sheets
12. Prepare job hazard analysis
13. Conduct toxic chemical exposure evaluations and risk assessment
14. Conduct asbestos, lead and mold surveys and testing
15. Serve as an expert witness/consultant for worker compensation claims, toxic tort litigation,
16. Conduct respirator use assessment and fit testing
What is Industrial Hygiene?
Industrial hygiene is the science of protecting and enhancing the health and safety of people at work and in their communities. Health and safety hazards cover a wide range of chemical, physical, biological and ergonomic stressors. Those dedicated to anticipating, recognizing, evaluating and controlling those hazards are known as Industrial Hygienists. They are professionals dedicated to the well-being of people – at work, at home and in the community.
Industrial hygiene use many different monitoring, testing and analytical methods to detect the extent of an individual’s exposure and employs engineering, work practice controls and other methods to prevent or minimize potential health hazards.
Who is a Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH)?
A Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH) is an individual who has met the minimum requirements for education and experience, and through examination, has demonstrated a minimum level of knowledge and skills in the following rubric (subject matter) areas:
• Air Sampling & Instrumentation
• Analytical Chemistry
• Basic Science
• Biostatistics & Epidemiology
• Community Exposure
• Engineering Controls/Ventilation
• Health Risk Analysis & Hazard Communication
• IH Program Management
• Non-Engineering Controls
• Radiation – Ionizing and Non-ionizing
• Thermal Stressors
• Work Environments & Industrial Processes
To aid employers and the public, a voluntary professional certification program was established in 1960. The American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) was established as an independent corporation with the sole purpose of providing a certification program that ensured a minimum level of knowledge and skills in industrial hygiene. The ABIH program has since become the world’s largest, premier certification scheme for Industrial Hygienists. Certification is a professional milestone, providing a third party, independent indicator of achievement.